I was doing chores in the backyard this weekend when I noticed two night crawlers yelling in extreme pain on the sidewalk, which was in full sun and had to be 104 degrees. Rather than let them commit suicide, I picked them both up and carried them to the dock. The Lake is very clear right now and you can see the bottom.
There are usually small Bass swimming under the dock where it is cooler. After saying "Bon Voyage", I threw both worms in the Lake. Sure enough, the first worm disappeared in seconds! Bass swallow worms whole, you know, because they don't have teeth. The other worm was swimming desparately for shore when the same Bass (about the size of my hand) decided that last morscel was pretty good, turned, and swallowed worm number 2.
It just goes to show ya. The fastest fish gets the worms, you can bet your Bass.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You so punny!
Good one, Uncle Bob!! hahaha
you have to wonder which is worse being fried to death on the sidewalk or eaten whole by a fish??? guess either way you slice it .. the out come is the same RIP poor worm!!! hehe
Happy (late) Birthday to you!
come back to us with your witt
I'm glad to see you, I mean that!
Post a Comment